Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Last library day





Not a whole lot has been going on this week because we are in the process of wrapping up our research and everyone has been fairly busy. This Thursday, however, I went to the library again and worked with the kids this time learning about nutrition. I've decided that my favorite camper there is a cute little boy named Matthew. He is always so engaged and happy to be there. We played several games dealing with nutrition including a variation on the ever so popular game of go fish, except it was called go shopping. This was our last week at the library which was a little sad because even though I've only been there three times, I feel like I've made an attachment to these really bright kids. They give me some hope for the next generation of farmers and gardeners.

Thursday night was our last traditional going out night when we were all together so we decided to try and go to Toreros. Unfortunately the dodgy Mexican bar was jammed packed and our usual table was full, so we decided to go to Murphy's. Totally different experience oh boy. The average age there was about 25 years older than Toreros and we were sitting next to a small dance floor where people were correctly swing dancing! We waited till everyone left before we decided to bust a couple of moves ;) I even taught a few people how to swing dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment